Those of you at the shower last night know the fear that came from a 22 month old and a chicken bone!
We were at Wild Wings for Ashley's baby shower and Trey kept wanting some of my chicken. So I figured I would give him one of the wings with the chicken still on it. So, it worked wonderfully the first wing and HORRIBLY the second. He was on the other side of another girl there and when I looked over to check on him one time he was choking!!!! I jumped up and ran around to him and come to find out he had bit off the gristle and it was stuck at the back of his throat. Needless to say I was totally freaked out and have been making myself sick over it! It could have just been a fluke thing but it scared the mess out of me! He was quite upset about it also (duh) and was hugging me saying he wanted to go! I felt like the worst Mommy ever!
Ya live and learn I guess. Some lessons really scar you. Today I was worried about EVERYTHING he ate, even his yogurt. augh...
Friday, April 24, 2009
Scared to death!
Posted by allidaisy at 11:01 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comments:
I know you were freaking out on the inside, but your reaction was very calm and collected. You did a great job mom!
Post a Comment