Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Pap Pap

Day 2

AUGH! Last minute decision had Trey and I going to Mel's house last night. Horrible 1st night with out Pap Pap I know! He did have a fussing fit, I finally gave in and gave him his Pap Pap. He saw me walk in, he said Pap Pap as I put it in his mouth and he rolled over and was done! It is so crazy to me how attached he is to that thing. When we headed for home he woke up and stayed awake until we got home. As soon as we got here, he took his antibiotic and went to sleep, no Pap Pap... no problem.

I was talking to a friend and we were discussing how the child will have to "learn" how to go to sleep with out the "crutch". I never thought of it that way! I guess it is the same as when I had to learn how to fall asleep on my side and not on my belly when I was carrying this sweet child that we're talking about!

Nap time:
Oh wait, there was no nap time. He played in his room for 1 1/2 hours and NEVER slept! I gave up and took him outside to play while I did some yard work. Then when it was 4:15 we sat in the chair together to watch some of his firetruck DVD and he fell asleep in less than a second! I laid him down and gave him 30 minutes.

Nite Nite:
1st lay down: Horribly! He wailed like a banshee (hehehe Ashley) 2nd lay down: We had our discussion again that the babies need the Pap Paps and he is a big boy now so he doesn't need them like the babies do. I resettled him. I gave him his water, Elmo, Daisy Belle and his Thomas blanket and he was done. Praise God!

0 comments: