Monday, May 19, 2008

New Layout

OK, so this layout is a little different.

Reason:
One of the things I miss so much about Florence is: GRASS
Here in Elgin you have to do a total overhaul to your yard to get even SOME grass. In Florence you had to work hard NOT to have grass. I remember summer days running to my Aunt Gladys and Uncle Don's house (there back yard backed up to ours) bare footed and feeling the soft grass under my toes. Man was that ever a WONDERFUL feeling!! Oh and the smell of freshly cut grass!!!!! I could bottle it up to enjoy year around!!!
Another thing, ants... I hardly ever got bitten by an ant in Florence. Here it seems like a day doesn't go by that there are no bites to report! Difference is here it is the "Sandhills"

sand= poor soil for grass growth & ant hills!!

God did a wonderful thing when he blessed us with GRASS!!!

1 comments:

Dyan said...

Girl, I miss the grass too. I don't have the best grass in Forest Acres either. It is sandy too.