


I am now home, safe and happy to have had a WONDERFUL weekend with my Mom-in-law & sis-in-laws!! We had the MOST amazing time and everyone came back in one piece!
We saw 2 Broadway musicals, Marry Poppins & Phantom of the Opera. I have had so many people ask me which was better and I can honestly say, "I can't say". Mary was so energetic and exciting in the happy happy sense and Phantom was so dramatic and exciting and I mean, HELLO, it's Phantom!!!!!
We walked SOOOOOOO many places and like the words of one New Yorker "you really get to see the city when you walk it." We had the majority of our laughs on the Subways which we, almost every time, were headed the wrong direction first. Crys even had a homeless man fall on her and crack her back. Good news though, her back felt better after that. We had 2 very "exciting" rids in the famous NYC Taxis and even rode a bus and found out the last day that there is a FREE SHUTTLE BUS!!!! We ate amazing and not so amazing foods and I can honestly say, I had no complaints either way, I was in NYC!!! WOOOOO HOOOOO!!!
We shopped and were amazed that in the shopping mecca of the world, Bloomingdale's closes at 7:00 on Saturdays!!!! What is that about????? We came to the conclusion that most people probably are attending the "night life" activities or getting ready for them at that time. (just a little note about that, we walked up at 7:15!!!!!)
FAO Schwartz was closed when we got there too, but we were able to go to the 9 floor Macy's. It was so awesome and most of the escalators were wooden!! That was so super cool! The whole "cellar" floor was men's underwear. WHAT!?!?!?! There was even food places and a Starbucks in there!!!!
Speaking of Starbucks, it is so true that there is one on EVERY block! They were just shoving it up in my face. But I held off and only got 1 coffee the whole trip! Very good me!
We saw Lady Liberty and Ellis Island and enjoyed the little bit of history we were able to get from both places.
There are no words to explain the fun we had and my thanks to my Mom who treated us girls on the trip and to Cry for the wonderful planning and being our map reader. I can honestly say you two rock!
Sunday, March 22, 2009
NYC
Posted by allidaisy at 9:36 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




0 comments:
Post a Comment