
Before and after his surgery.
If you look about an inch or two above his belly on the left picture, you can see the little "button" that is the hernia.
On Wednesday before Trey's surgery I called the surgeon's office. His surgery was scheduled for Thursday morning and we were to be there at 5:30. The papers said if the patient gets a runny nose or any cold like symptoms to call the office. The nurse that I talked to, really made me feel like they wouldn't do the surgery with him being as sick as he was. She said to come to the hospital the next morning and they would check him out to see if it would still be ok to proceed.
5:30 a.m. Thursday morning I jump out of bed and realize I missed my 4:00 alarm. I run though the house panicking and call the hospital to see if they would still let us come. The lady was so nice and said yes please do. I shoved all his stuff into his backpack, brushed my teeth, got dressed, pulled my hair back and after Jerry changed Trey's diaper, Trey & I were out the door. When we got there it was one visit after another and the surgery was on!!!!
I was able to walk with the nurse and the anesthesiologist to the OR door and then had to walk away from my baby. That was SO SUPER HARD!!! I went to the waiting room and made 2 calls after a few tears and a prayer. As soon as the calls were done the ENT came out and said he was already done and it went great. It was amazing how fast it was. A little bit after that my mom-in-law got to the hospital and not too long after that the surgeon was there to tell me the second part was over! The whole process from him leaving me, to the time I was able to go to recovery was less than an hour!!!
When I got to recovery it was quite a sight. Trey was hanging on a nurse like a wet noodle. They had to give him something to calm him down. So I was blessed not to have to see him extra aggitated like they told me I would. I was able to sit in a recliner and hold him for a bit. He was so sweet and lethargic.
After a bit of cuddling, we had to wake him up so we could see if he would drink. They were concerned because, before I got to recovery they offered him a bottle and he would not accept it!! Those of you who don't know, Trey has not had a bottle since he was 6 months old. As soon as he conquered the sippy cup he didn't get bottles anymore. They took the sippy cup I brought and put 9 oz of apple juice in it and it was gone in 2 minutes flat!
His IV was then removed and we were rolled over to the post-op rooms. And 9 more oz. later, were on our way home.
Fast forward to Sunday...
From that time on, he was winny, clingy and wanting his pappy and blankie ALL the time. Then Sunday he would not eat or drink much of anything. And we all know that is not like Trey AT ALL!!!!
Monday morning I called the dr. and we went in to find out that.....
He has a sinus infection, EAR INFECTION!!! and very likely strep!!!!!! Bless his poor heart!!
So he is now on an extra antibiotic (he has ear drops also) and hopefully will be feeling better by this afternoon (24 hours after his first dose).
Thank you so much for all the support we have been given!! I'm sure you all know how good it does a mommy's heart to know people love her baby so much . Thank you Emily for the dinner Thursday night and to everyone who called. We would also like to thank each of you for the prayers. We love each of you dearly.
Monday, November 3, 2008
Can it get any worse?
Posted by allidaisy at 7:59 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
Poor Thing. I hope he's feeling better soon. And I hope you're getting some rest too.
I hope he's feeling better & you get some rest. How's the ear infection? I know from my experience lately, it's very hard having a sick baby. Be glad you didn't have to confine him to the bed for 3 days with an IV & oxygen, now that was hard.
Post a Comment