I actually consider it to be a blessing that it has taken as long as it has, but Trey got locked IN the car today! He will be 1 1/2 on the 4th and I am super surprised it has taken this long.
We were at the Y, he was getting in his seat and was grabbing on the keys. I eventually just let them go so he would stop fighting me so hard to get in the seat. I figured "hm, this should distract him". So needless to say during his "playing" time I recon he pushed the lock button. I took the keys away from him cause he kept hitting me in the face with them, and dropped them into the front seat. Next thing I know I am on the outside of the car looking in at him and yanking on the door handles!!!!!
A super nice man and his wife let me use their cell phone and the man even stayed with me till the end! I called 911 and they sent the fire truck to get the door open. I was so worried about getting to my baby that the sirens, lights and crazy fire truck driver did not even phase me! mommies kept walking in and out of the Y saying "I've done it before too, don't feel bad!"
After everything was over I got in the car and started crying like crazy! That is when the guilt and all set in!! If you saw me when Trey got hives the first time, I was panicky and I was a little bit of the same today. I can only imagine I would have been worse had it been hot!
Monday, November 24, 2008
Bad Mama
Posted by allidaisy at 2:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
I have done the same thing, Ahah!! Only, it was the summer time. I started my car because it was hot with my remote starter. You have to have the doors locked to start it. So, I did it as well. You are not a bad mama!
I have a spare key in one of those magnetic boxes under my car because I have done the same thing many of times. At least you had enough since to call the fire engine, I would have sat there and waited for Tim to show up with spare keys.
Hey,
I found your blog and many many years ago, I locked my first born in the car. He is now 21. Those hives look so familar to me. Jamie, now 17 did the very same thing. He had many food allergies and has outgrown some of them. It is always something. Hang in there. You all are precious.
Lorie
Don't feel bad. You are not a bad mama. We have all done "stupid" things. I did that a few months ago. Noah was fighting for the keys & I let him have them. Thank God I was at home. I still went into panic for a minute till I remembered...DUH I have a spare key inside. I was already thinking about breaking the window. So don't be so hard on yourself.
Post a Comment